Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Nova Scotia Wwoofing trip from Tatamagouch to Badeck Cape Breton!

The last farm I had the pleasure of staying at was in Cape Breton! Wild Roots was sooo beautiful and I got to spend time with some pretty remarkable people Thom, Frances and of course Buddy the cat!! I made pickles out of fresh cucumbers, fresh rye sour dough bread, dehydrated apples and squash, date squares, fresh strawberry crumbles, countless yummy meals, and of course drank some good 'ol home made beers :) Thanks to the Ooman's for having me in their lovely home and giving me such fun projects to work on!! The view everyday was breathtaking and to be around such fellow politically minded folks was a blessing! 

Garlic everywhere!!!
Batch # 1 of the Pickels


Poop bucket 
My arrival in the Garden journal :) 
Thom's beer 

old home!! 
Brew!!!!!!!!!!!
So much strawberry picking!!
A good harvest day indeed!
Wet boots





Every day a new view to marvel 
pumpkin!



compost


Humanure. ... get into it :) 


Bhudda bowl dinners :) 
Clothes drying fire!
Frances a.k.a "raging granny" :) 


Rye Sour Dough!
One of the most beautiful sunsets!! 
photos don't do it justice!

Buddy
Thank you Tarren Dodd for this incredible hand carved spoon, I use it for everything! 
Last morning!

and onto the next one .... 

No comments:

Post a Comment