Friday, June 22, 2012

Wood: 
This is a small bandsaw box I made from some old poplar and finished by charring with a blow torch!






Table:

"I want breadboards, and roses too." 

I wanted to create a table that had function with a little bit extra. This design was inspired by the annoying dilemma of flowers in your face while dining. To curb this situation I threw a variety of 8 high fire jars to sink into the table top lowering the flowers and creating a beautiful view of your dining partner! The table top is made out of old growth reclaimed Redwood fence posts and the breadboard ends,stretchers and legs are made of locally sourced urban tree fall Alder. I hand turned all 4 legs, sealed the wood with linseed oil and voila a table is born.



Still in the shop!





A view of the jars from below
I made 2 small stretchers so you can still see the jars at a profile view

No comments:

Post a Comment